This program is currently being updated. Please check back in the Fall for the most up-to-date information.
Starting in 2022-2023, active students in this program are eligible to apply for a valued at $1,500 for every successful term for a maximum total of $9,000.
- Application Deadline:March 1
- Program Code:243.B0
- DEC in:Electronics Engineering Technology
- Program Length:3 years
If you would like to:
- Develop skills to build electronic circuits and systems
- Understand how everyday electronics/communication systems work
- Interact with individuals just like you who are interested in the latest technology trends
- Work within an advanced laboratory environment using some of the latest technologies
- Study in a program with strong employment opportunities
Then the Electronics Engineering Technology Program could be for you.
The revamped three-year Electrical Engineering Technology Program at ÆßÐÇ²Ê¿ª½± is designed for students who want to specialize in enhancing networking and telecommunications systems. It emphasizes a practical, creative approach to prepare students for the dynamic field of electronic technology.Ìý
With everything I have learned in the Electronics Engineering Technology Program, I feel ready to join the workforce and take on any challenge in the electronics field.â€” Demetrius D.
What you will learn?
- How to install hardware and software, configure and serviceÌýa computer/laptop and its peripherals.
- How to become proficient in networking and networkÌýsecurity
- How to define, configure and manage all the elements of aÌýlocal area network to ensure reliability and security of dataÌýtransfer
In the electronics courses:
- How to build electronic circuits, troubleshoot and makeÌýmeasurements
- How to fabricate printed circuit boards (PCBs) and solderingÌýconforming to industry standards
- How to work with embedded systems using both hardwareÌýand software tools
Where will this program lead you?
Graduates of the Electronics Engineering Technology Program often pursue exciting and challenging careers as electronic technologists that involve solutions dealing with electronics, repair, maintenance, upgrades, installation, and configuration of systems in the field of Computer and Networks.
Others go on to study at the university level in programs suchÌýas Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, SoftwareÌýEngineering, IT Engineering or Computer Science.
What else you should know?
As a student in the Electronics Engineering Technology Program, you will have access to the most advanced labs complete with real-world systems in networking and telecommunications.
You will be trained to meet industry needs and be prepared toÌýobtain certifications necessary for work in your field of study.
What do you need to apply?
- A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES
- Sec IV Mathematics â€“ Technical & Scientific option or Science option 564-426 or 565-426 or Sec V Cultural, Social & Technical option 563-504
- Sec IV Science & Technology or Applied Science & Technology 555-444 or 557-416