- Application Deadline:March 1
- Program Code:570.E0
- DEC in:Interior Design
- Program Length:3 years
If you would like to:
- Design commercial and residential interiors
- Explore problems and find innovative solutions
- Learn from professionals in the Interior Design industry
- Collaborate with a team
- Creatively address health and safety, function, and aesthetic concerns of Interior Design
- Study in a high-tech digital learning environment
Then the Interior Design Program could be for you.
The Interior Design Program will prepare you for an exciting career designing interior spaces. Students will learn how to respond to user needs with creative solutions through analysis and critical thinking, developing skills in sketching, drawing and 3D computer modelling using specialized software. The program emphasizes one-on-one instruction and often collaborates with local designers in ÆßÐÇ²Ê¿ª½±â€™s studios. Whether designing for restaurants, retail, hospitality or residential spaces, you will develop your skills in our dedicated resource rooms and computer labs.
If you are passionate about design, you have found your home in the Interior Design Program. You will form strong bonds with peers which will contribute to your future success.â€” Lyndon S.
What you will learn?
- Space planning and design skills for residential and commercial interiors
- Individual and collaborative learning skills in studios and active learning environments
- Knowledge of building systems and construction, art and design history, materials, colour, lighting and furnishings
- Technical skills for construction drawings and specification packages
- Traditional and digital communication skills through sketching, drawing and 3-D computer modelling
Where will this program lead you?
Graduates often find employment with interior design firms, architectural firms and related industries of the building trade. Experienced designers may also start their own practices. Areas of expertise include corporate offices, retail, restaurants, hospitality, healthcare, education and residential design. Many graduates choose to continue their studies at university in Interior Design or Architecture.
What else you should know?
The Interior Design Program offers opportunities for students to visit design firms, meet professional designers and architects, attend industry trade shows, and connect with provincial and national professional associations.
What do you need to apply?
- A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES
- Letter of intent