- Application Deadline:March 1
- Program Code:570.F0
- DEC in:Professional Photography
- Program Length:3 years
If you would like to:
- Learn in fully-equipped studios
- Study with the latest technology in dedicated labs and studios
- Learn from professionals in the photography and videography industry
- Develop an eye for detail
- Acquire skills in photojournalism, editorial, advertising and fashion photography various
fields of image-making
Then the Professional Photography Program could be for you.
The Professional Photography Program will provide you with comprehensive experience in all aspects of image making. From photo editing and management to lighting and studio work, students in the program learn the techniques and strategies of a professional photographer. In addition to the technical skills, you will learn how to manage the business aspects of a career in photography the industry.
From the very beginning of the program, you gain hands-on experience as a photographer, accompanied in the process by great teachers and useful course material.â€” Arezoo F.
What you will learn?
- To manage a photo project from concept to completion
- To produce and execute imagery on location and in the studio
- To use techniques to create professional work
- To research and adapt to new and emerging technologies, including editing software
- To promote your personal and commercial work
Where will this program lead you?
Graduates often establish their own business in areas such as portraiture, advertising, architecture, fashion and events photography. Some also find employment as assistants, still- and moving-image editors and production managers for established businesses.
Others go on to pursue studies in Fine Arts, Film Studies Design or Communication Studies at university.
What else you should know?
The program offers optional immersive workshops and practical experience that relate to specific types of photography. These can include extracurricular field trips, demonstrations and the paid internships with Lâ€™Alternance travail-Ã©tudes.
What do you need to apply?
- A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES
- Letter of intent