Starting in 2022-2023, active students in this program are eligible to apply for a valued at $1,500 for every successful term for a maximum total of $9,000.
- Application Deadline:March 1
- Program Code:221.B0
- DEC in:Civil Engineering Technology
- Certification:Ordre des technologues professionnels du QuÃ©bec (OTPQ)
- Program Length:3 years
If you would like to:
- Prepare for a rewarding career as a civil engineering technologist
- Learn in a hands-on setting in small class sizes
- Supervise construction site operations
- Analyze civil engineering projects
- Learn about environmental engineering
- Train for a career in a thriving industry
Then the Civil Engineering Technology Program could be for you.
The Civil Engineering Technology Program will prepare you with the knowledge and skills necessary to work as a Civil Engineering Technologist. You will learn to interpret engineering drawings and estimate quantities and workforce costs, materials and equipment required for construction projects. You will acquire surveying skills, evaluate the condition of infrastructure, design and layout of existing structures and new rehabilitation projects. In a province undergoing massive investment in renewal, your expertise will help make a difference in the safety and efficiency of citiesâ€™ infrastructure.
Being a Civil Engineering Technology student at ÆßÐÇ²Ê¿ª½± doesnâ€™t only mean lectures and exams. It also means great friends, teachers, services and activities.â€” Jahn S.
What you will learn?
- To prepare engineering drawings using both digital and traditional drafting techniques
- To develop project management skills such as construction schedules and cost control
- To assess the environmental impact of various construction projects
- To perform basic design calculations for steel, concrete and wood structures
- To plan, design, construct and manage various infrastructure projects
- To estimate and prepare construction proposals and bids
Where will this program lead you?
Graduates of the program often pursue careers as civil engineering technologists in areas such as engineering design offices, municipalities, construction companies (as general & specialty contractors) and in the manufacturing and sales of engineering materials. There is strong demand for graduates in the field and the long-term outlook for employment opportunities is positive.
Other graduates continue their education at the university level in Engineering, where they enter undergraduate programs with the advantage of having a great deal of practical engineering experience, which can only be obtained in a technical program like Civil Engineering Technology.
What else you should know?
Students are qualified, upon graduation, as Civil Engineering Technologists and are eligible for membership in the Ordre des technologues professionnels du QuÃ©bec (OTPQ).
What do you need to apply?
- A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES
- Sec V Mathematics - Technical & Scientific option or Science option 564-506 or 565-506
- Sec IV Environmental Science & Technology or Environmental Science 558-404 or 558-402