Active students in this program are eligible to apply for a valued at $1,500 for every successful term for a maximum total of $9,000.
- Application Deadline:March 1
- Program Code:243.F0
- DEC in:Electrical Engineering Technology
- Program Length:3 years
If you would like to:
- Learn to build electronic circuits and systems
- Understand how everyday electronics and communication systems operate
- Connect with peers who share your interest in the latest tech trends
- Use advanced technology in a modern lab
- Study in a program with strong career prospects
Then the Electrical Engineering Technology Program could be for you.
The revamped three-year program at ÆßÐÇ²Ê¿ª½± is designed for students who want to specialize in enhancing networking and telecommunications systems. It emphasizes a practical, creative approach to prepare students for the dynamic field of electronic technology.
Students will work with state-of-the-art equipment in the labs to build, test and program various electronics circuits, working with the Internet of Things devices and various projects. More lab time has been allocated to courses for students to develop the skill set needed in today's networking and telecommunications world.â€”Jimmy Plaitis, Program Coordinator
What you will learn?
- Dive deep into the world of electronic circuits, systems and technical data. You'll know how to analyze specifications, data sheets, and equipment manuals, enabling you to understand and work with electronic systems at an advanced level.
- Students engage in close collaboration, honing their ability to work with diverse teams to solve problems and achieve shared goals.
- You will install, commission, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot telecommunication and data networks throughout their lifecycle.
- Learn the techniques of project planning. You'll be well-prepared to lead or contribute effectively to projects, meeting deadlines and objectives with precision.
- The ability to adapt to emerging technologies and industry standards, ensuring your long-term relevance and success in this dynamic field.
- You'll adeptly interpret results, apply formulas related to electronics, circuits, measuring instruments, electromagnetic transmission media, and specialized software.
- You will learn to convey complex information to various stakeholders, including clients, colleagues, and team members, and become an expert at assessing client needs accurately.
- We instill in you a profound respect for health, safety, and sustainability practices.
Where will this program lead you?
Graduates of the Electrical Engineering Technology Program typically embark on dynamic careers as electronic technologists, managing electronics solutions, system repair, maintenance, upgrades, installation, and configuration within networking and telecommunications systems and equipment.
With these skills, you'll graduate from the program fully prepared to make a significant impact on the industry and contribute to a world that increasingly relies on electronic and communication technologies. Your future is bright, and your potential is boundless!
Some pursue education at the university level in fields like Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, IT Engineering, or Computer Science. Others decide to join the workforce following graduation.
What else you should know?
In a tech-centric world, graduates develop versatile skills suitable for diverse professional settings. Job opportunities are abundant. The high post-graduation employment rate underscores the value of these skills.
Students can enter an industry that offers high-paying positions and a fulfilling career. Graduates may work on exciting projects, developing the latest technology yet to be unveiled.
What do you need to apply?
- A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES
- Sec IV Mathematics â€“ Technical & Scientific option or Science option (564-426 or 565-426) or
- Sec V Cultural, Social & Technical option (563-504)